erleenalvarez

Books For YA!

Fairy Godmothers, Inc. - Jenniffer Wardell For more of my reviews, visit Books For YA!This is the most hilariously entertaining fairytale retelling of Cinderella’s story that I’ve ever read. And this time, it wasn’t just Cinderella who got a happy ending but also her fairy godmother.Being a fairy godmother was not the easiest job in the planet but despite the fact that she hated her boss, frustrated with idiot clients and disliked doing reports, Kate loves her job very much. She likes to play cupid and to see two people fall madly in love with each other is the best payment she could ever receive. That was also the reason why she strongly disagrees to the mandatory use of True Love potion that the company issues because although it made her job a lot easier, it is against everything that she stands for. So even if it takes a lot more effort and elaborate orchestration to make two people have a happy ever after, she would rather do it than use the potion.But when a special assignment was given to her and she was only given a week to arrange everything, she knew that this wasn’t going to be one of the more pleasant happy-ever-after she has to pull off. And that was exactly what happened.I love this book. Everyone in here, aside from Bubbles, was hilarious. So I suggest if you’re going to read this book, don’t read it in public places because people might think you’re crazy when you suddenly burst out laughing. Learn from my mistakes, okay?Kate was the best fairy godmother I’ve ever met. She has a great sense of humor, dedicated to her work, honest to what she believes in, fights for what she believes is right and she will sacrifice her job and risk being imprisoned just to save the people she cared the most.Prince Jon also shared that trait. He takes a lot of responsibility for being the only rational person in his dysfunctional Royal family. And because of that he doesn’t have a lot of time to have fun. Good thing, Kate came to his life (or should I say, she “tripped over” to his life). They complemented each other in a lot ways and they were perfect together. They clearly deserved a happy ending after what they had been through.Overall, Fairy Godmothers Inc. was awesome. I wouldn’t elaborate much on what happened to Cinderella in this book because I might spoil everything. Anyway, if you wanted a laugh-out-loud fairytale story with a twist, you should probably try this.