erleenalvarez

Books For YA!

Welcome, Caller, This Is Chloe - Shelley Coriell For more of my reviews, visit Books For YA!Okay, to be honest, I really don't like Chloe in the first few chapters of this book. She's annoying, self-centered and she just won't stop talking. So when her friends, Brie and Merce, left her, I clearly understand why. They ignored Chloe and isolated her from the group which I think is enough of a punishment. But when Brie started spreading the rumor about Chloe and hacking her cyber account and posting mean photos, I thought it was definitely a low-blow and that is something a true friend wouldn't do. Chloe ignored all of that stuff even if she's super angry, heartbroken and confused. Her ability to let those hurtful things go without even glaring at Brie, won my sympathy and from that point onward, I'm rooting for her to show Brie that she made a mistake leaving a friend like her behind.I love the KDRS 88.8 The Edge staff. They are all social misfits that found a family with each others company. They're uniqueness stood out for me and I love how imperfectly perfect they are. And Duncan, well I like him because he's realistic, caring, and sweet but he doesn't know how to express how he really feels and just like Chloe, it frustrates me. Which makes me not-much of a fan of their love story.This book tackled some serious issues that is really common in this generation; insecurities, family problems, addiction, etc. But all those stuff didn't stop this book from giving me a fun, funny and enjoyable read.So if you guys love realistic story and strong, confident and funny heroine then I would recommend you to read this.