erleenalvarez

Books For YA!

Easy

Easy - Tammara Webber For more of my reviews, visit Books For YA!“Love is not the absence of logicbut logic examined and recalculatedheated and curved to fitinside the contours of the heart”I've been wanting to read Easy for who knows how long, so when I won a copy of it from a giveaway, my happiness is off the roof. I stopped whatever I was doing and dived immediately into it.“You're full of contradictions, Ms. Wallace."I looked up at him and arched a brow. "I'm a girl. That's part of the job description, Mr. Maxfield.” I am glued to the pages of this book within the first 5 pages, it's like my head forgot how to use its pivotal joint and it's stuck to its place. I felt a million of emotions within the first chapter; helplessness, anger, pity, disgust, joy and relief. I never thought I could feel so many conflicting emotions with just that horrendous scene. If you read this book, you know what I was talking about.Jacqueline was a strong character in more ways than one and she showed it throughout the story. Well, she's not perfect that's for sure and she's not trying to be. She has her fair share of highs and lows. (I think, her lowest was when she didn't went to class for two weeks just because she doesn't want to see her ex-boyfriend.) She's a poor judge of character and a bit naive when she decided to follow Kennedy to his university-of-choice rather than go to her dream school. Anyway, I understand why she did that and I respect that. Her flaws made her more realistic and relatable and I, actually, admire her.“Choosing to be with you, isn't a difficult decision, Jacqueline...It's easy. Incredibly easy.”Lucas, reminded me a lot of Dean Holder from Hopeless. First similarity is that they both have a tattoo that has a deeper meaning. Second, they both have a really intriguing and mysterious past. And lastly, they are both irresistible. But that comparison didn't hinder Lucas from standing out, he manages to outshine my memory of Holder and made his mark in my mind(which is a hard thing to do). I really love a guy who is intelligent, skillful and of course, a gentleman. And Lucas has it all. I mean who wouldn't love him, he's the personification of the ideal man. Well, sort of. He has a really painful past which he still can't overcome but don't worry, it's not a secret that will turn you off or anything. On the contrary, it will make you like him and sympathize for him more.“Unfortunately, the coughing drew her attention. "Are you dying or something?" she asked, affecting a perfect sneer as I shook my head. "Well, hacking up a lung out in public isn't all that attractive--just sayin'."My face flamed, but then Benji leaned up and spoke around me. "Um, giving half the class an exhaustive summary every Monday morning--in lurid detail--of how much of an alcoholic skank you are? Isn't all that attractive either. Just sayin'.”The other characters that caught my attention was Benjie and Erin. Benjie was the coolest gay friend ever. His sense of humor and observant character really helped ease up the Jackie's mood. And Earin, well let's just say that I wouldn't want to be her enemy. This girl is amazing to hang out with but she's scary as hell when pissed. And I totally loved her character like that.The characters deals with a lot of mature issues so I would only recommend this to anyone from 18 years old and above. Overall, it was a enjoyable read and it's definitely an eye-opener to everyone especially to women. :)