erleenalvarez

Books For YA!

Everneath - Brodi Ashton For more of my reviews, visit Books For YA!I wasn't prepared for this book. Not at all. And right now, all I can think about is that Brodi Ashton struck my Achilles' hills. Yes, you heard it right. I love mythology specifically, Greek and Roman. So when I finally read about the Everliving has a Greek origin behind their existence, I didn't stop reading it until I was done.The first time I read the Nikki Beckett, it instantly reminds me of the TV series called Castle which is one of my favorite TV show. If you watched the show, you'd probably now who I was referring to. Anyway, at first, I really don't like Nikki because she's too depressing for me. But as I read the whole story, I finally understand why she's acting that way and I'm telling you, she definitely have the right to be depressed. I don't know how but her moodiness grew on me.Jack was sweet and heroic and he totally proved how much he loved Nikki with his final act. I just really he's perfect for Nikki. On the otherhand, I thought Cole was selfish and self-centered. He only think of himself and how he can rule the Everneath. He think he can always get what he wanted. I mean, yeah, he's hot and immortal, big deal. But this is life, you don't always get what you want. And second of all, reading, or for this instance, feeding off of a girls emotion doesn't mean you already know her r whats in her mind or what she needs or what's best for her. You still need to talk to her and listen to what she is saying, in order to truly understand her. Inhaling her emotion and taking all the pain away is not really the best and advisable thing to do.It was really slow at the beginning but it picks-up in the middle. Overall, I was really entertained with the story. I can't wait to read more of Jack and Nikki. :)